Abandoned cart tracking and handling requires the Performance plan.
Everyone deserves a second chance - especially you and your customers. We all know that from time to time, customers don't purchase what they've placed in their cart. The reasons are many and varied; sometimes they just weren't quite sure about the purchase, often it's simply because they were interrupted and forgot. And that means lost sales for you.
- The customer has made it to the checkout flow and entered an email.
- The configured amount of time has passed after the cart was last updated by the customer.
- Go to STORE > Orders > Abandoned Carts and click Enable.
The Email Settings area is now active.
Note: Emails will be sent when a cart is abandoned from this point on. Any carts abandoned prior to enabling the feature will not trigger an email.
- Set the amount of time that should pass before the email is sent out.
- Optionally customize your abandoned cart email.
Weebly provides a default email but you have the ability to fully customize it to match your store. The default will be sent until you save your customized email.
The email contains the following:
- A Complete Order button that navigates back to their cart in your store.
- Your store name. Your store contact info appears in the footer.
- Your "call to action" - a message prompting the user to return to your store to complete the purchase. For example, you might use "Hurry! Quantities are limited - don't miss out!"
- Each item's info - image, quantity, and description
- Your store policies.
- Number of abandoned carts
- Total dollar amount of purchases created from abandoned carts (Total Recovered)
- Percentage of sent emails that customers opened (Open Rate)
- Percentage of customers that clicked the link in the email to return to the cart (Click Rate)
- Percentage of customers that completed the purchase (Recovered)