If your connection to PayPal as a payment processor isn't successful and your account is registered in Israel, Brazil, or India, you may not be able to successfully connect using the Weebly Checkout Options page. Instead, you'll need to manually authorize Weebly to accept payment on your behalf.
Note: Some countries place restrictions on how you accept and who you can accept payment from. Be sure you know your country's laws before accepting payment internationally.
To authorize Weebly to accept payment:
- Log in to PayPal with your Business account. If you do not have an account, create one.
PayPal Express Checkout requires a business-level account.
- Click Profile at the top right, and then click Profile and Settings.
- In the left menu, click My selling tools.
- In the Selling online section, click Update next to API access.
- On the API Access page, click Grant API Permission.
- Enter info_api1.weebly.com as the Third Party Permission Username and click Lookup.
- Select the following permissions and click Add.
* Use Express Cehckout to process payments
* Issue a refund for a specific transaction
* Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions
* Obtain information about a single transaction
* Issue a refund for any prior transaction
- To finish setup, log back into your store and in the PayPal screen, select I have granted Weebly permission through PayPal and click Done to verify that you've completed the steps.
You should now be able to accept payments and issue refunds through PayPal on your Weebly site.
Note: If for any reason you disconnect from PayPal in the future, you'll need to follow the above procedure to reset your permissions with PayPal.